Reply To: Logic Pro X 10.2 update today [26-AUG]
See if there is a wired connection you can get on, maybe at the library, or whichever major you’re in, ask the main office? Or run the update over night.
I played around with Alchemy a fair bit this weekend, and I really like it. I think it’s going to offer a lot of new sound design options. Big things for me:
– The fact you can load EXS24 patches in it. You do this the same way you import audio.
– The AHDSR envelope, especially if you use Alchemy instead of EXS24 for drums.
– Snapshots, having a patch and up to 8 different variations of it immediately accessible.
– The Morph function in the Advanced section.
– The effects built in. If you’ve ever used CamelPhat, you’ll recognize the four distortions, and the filters are the same as well.
I had toyed around with getting Alchemy a couple years ago, but never picked it up. Now that it’s built into Logic is really nice, especially considering Logic is cheaper than what Alchemy used to sell for.
"Knowledge kept is knowledge lost." - Bobbito Garcia